January 16, 2023
AWS helps ISVs to optimize selling software, and enterprises to optimize procurement, on AWS Marketplace by offering an alternative to public list pricing: Marketplace Private Offers (MPPOs), usually shortened to just Private Offers. Enterprise Buyers can use MPPOs to buy software on specific terms but still leverage the standard Marketplace contracts and AWS budget.
However, AWS have taken the Private Offer concept further with Consulting Partner Private Offers (CPPOs) for two reasons:
- Some enterprises want to procure software indirectly from their trusted Consulting Partners and not directly from an ISV.
- Some ISVs are “channel-led” and want to extend their Buyer reach through Consulting Partners.
In this post we cover:
- How do CPPOs work?
- CPPO benefits for the ISV, the Consulting Partner, and the Buyer
- How Labra makes CPPOs more efficient
In a rush? Want to learn how Labra can turbocharge your ISV business with AWS Marketplace?
You can get some time with a Labra expert and a demo of the software based on your CRM, workflow, and use cases.
How do CPPOs work?
CPPOs connect the triangle between Buyer, ISV, and Consulting Partner. There are two steps in the process:
- ISV and Consulting Partner create a Resell Agreement in the Marketplace portal.
- The Consulting Partner creates a Private Offer for the Buyer, based on that Resell Agreement, in the AWS Marketplace portal
CPPO benefits for the ISV, the Consulting Partner, and the Buyer
How the Labra platform makes CPPOs more efficient
The Labra platform builds upon the efficiency of the AWS Marketplace by optimizing processes like CPPO in three ways:
- Bring user tasks into their CRM rather than having to use multiple portals.
- Automated workflows, notifications and updating the CRM.
- Improve data and visibility for smoother cloud commerce that can scale.
The optimization of CPPO can be seen when comparing how they are managed without and with the Labra platform:
AWS Marketplace makes software procurement more efficient, and CPPOs increase this efficiency by enabling co-sell between an ISV and a Consulting Partner.
Get a live demo with a Labra cloud commerce expert and learn how your ISV business can grow more efficiently with AWS using the Labra Platform.