February 24, 2023
AWS helps ISVs to optimize selling software, and enterprises to optimize procurement, on AWS Marketplace by offering an alternative to public list pricing: Marketplace Private Offers (MPPOs), usually shortened to just Private Offers. Enterprise Buyers can use MPPOs to buy software on specific terms but still leverage the standard Marketplace contracts and AWS budget.
However, AWS have taken the Private Offer concept further with Consulting Partner Private Offers (CPPOs) for two reasons:
- Some enterprises want to procure software indirectly from their trusted Consulting Partners and not directly from an ISV.
- Some ISVs are “channel-led” and want to extend their Buyer reach through Consulting Partners.
How do CPPOs work?
CPPOs connect the triangle between Buyer, ISV, and Consulting Partner. There are two steps in the process:
- ISV and Consulting Partner create a Resell Agreement in the Marketplace portal.
- The Consulting Partner creates a Private Offer for the Buyer, based on that Resell Agreement, in the AWS Marketplace portal
CPPO benefits for the ISV, the Consulting Partner, and the Buyer
How the Labra platform makes CPPOs more efficient
The Labra platform builds upon the efficiency of the AWS Marketplace by optimizing processes like CPPO in three ways:
- Bring user tasks into their CRM rather than having to use multiple portals.
- Automated workflows, notifications and updating the CRM.
- Improve data and visibility for smoother cloud commerce that can scale.
The optimization of CPPO can be seen when comparing how they are managed without and with the Labra platform:
AWS Marketplace makes software procurement more efficient, and CPPOs increase this efficiency by enabling co-sell between an ISV and a Consulting Partner.
Labra is a Distributed Cloud Commerce Management platform that accelerates cloud commerce for ISVs and Consulting Partners through the framework of Build-Market-Co-sell.
ISVs can manage CPPO Resell Agreements from within their CRM and make Private Offers to buyers.
Automation in the Labra platform ensures that the workflow happens and the CRM is updated so the partner never misses an offer and always has accurate, up-to-date information.